The school campus cleaning was organised on the 18.11.15 and students from classes 1 to XII had cleaned various places in the JSS International School, Ooty campus. It was a great success as the students enjoyed cleaning their own campus and photographs were clicked.
Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Inter House Senior Quiz Competition was conducted on 06.11.2015 in the School Auditorium. Our Principal was the Chief Guest for the program. Mrs Shilpa and Mrs. Brida were the Quiz Masters. Students participated with enthusiasm and with high spirits .Children did an excellent job in clearing all the 6 rounds of the quiz. Agni house won the first prize, with its participants
I Agni house – Srivata, Lakshat, Ajay, Kowshik
III Jala – Gokul , Rohit Pal, Jhanani S.K, Nikil Patel.
II Prithivi – Adith Vass, Maansi, Vijith, Srihari.
IV Vayu – Ayeesha, Dharshan, Evlynn, Chinmay.
Vote of thanks was proposed by Mrs Shilpa.
The Rotary club of Ootacamund organised the English Oratorical Competition in the District level on 30.10.2015 ( Friday) at JSSIS, Ooty, to enhance the public speaking skills in students. Twelve school participated in the competition with each two participants. The topic given was “Make Kalam’s Vision 2020 visible”. The Principal of JSSIS , Ooty Mr. Arokia Raj was the Chief Guest. The Competition was judged by three eminent personalities. Mrs. Madhavi Ravichandranath, Mrs Prema Muralikumar & Mrs. . The President Rtn.K Shanmuganathan, Secretary Rtn. E.M Murali Kumar , Director Rtn. Kamalesh Kataria, and the members of the Rotary Club of Ootacamund presided over the competition.
The students from the Blue Mountain School won the first prize and the second prize was won by the Woodside school.
Tea and snacks were provided to the participants and the staff co-ordinators of the respective school after prize distribution and pleasantries.
Students of Class I to IV were taken to Karnataka Horticulture on 30.10.2015. Friday (30.10.2015) was an enthusiastic day for the students. They were in the world of Pure Native. All four sides covered by Greenery which looked like Heaven for all.
Visit to the Nursery – There were different varieties of plant species which was observed keenly. Rare plants like Fushia, Lily, Dolphinium, Orchid, Nephenthes , Venus trap were seen in the Nursery. Children enjoyed the maze apart from the Nursery which was a rare thing to see.
It was a place of full of knowledge with creativity and entertainment.
2. Shaheen Sultana
3. Poorani R
4. Sasikala George
There was a National Level Science Exhibition conducted under the “INSPIRE” programme of the 17th BIT FUTURA. On the 14th of October 2015 at Bannariamman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam. About 150 students from classes 6 to 10 were present for the exhibition from 48 different schools. Five students from class 10 represented J.S.S International School at the Exhibition trained by Mr Shanmugam, Physics Teacher.
The Models presented at the exhibition by the students of J.S.S International School were a military class “Radio Detection and Ranging Instrument with a Display”, an alcohol detector , Robotic Arm and a printer. The projects and efforts taken by the students were appreciated. The Chief Examiner expressed his views on the model and said that they were equal to the models presented at the college level.
A special assembly was held on the 14th October 2015 in the school auditorium headed by our Principal Mr. P Arokia Raj and dignitaries from the Rotary club of Ootacamund. The school Principal welcomed the gathering and the floor was handed to Rotarian Dr.Suresh Babu.
Dr Suresh Babu explained “the four way test” and released a banner for the same. Four banners were presented to the Principal by the President of the Rotary Club of Ootacamund Rotarian Mr Shanmugavel and his team.
The Nilgiris forest department conducted a District Level Drawing competition on 21.09.2015 at Govt. Arts College as part of the wild life week celebration.
8 students participated in each category.
Abhinav Krishna of Class 1st won the first place in the Group – A.
Shitij Das of class 5 won the 3rd place in group B.
Kushi of class 8 IGCSE won 1st place in Group C.
Megha Arun of class 10 won the 1st place in group D category.
The event concluded with the prize distribution on 09.10.2015. The prizes were given away by the District Forest Officer. It was included a very proud moment for JSSIS, Ooty.
On October 2015 Elite Circle a famous organization in Tamil Nadu along with Association of all Matriculation schools, Tamil Nadu conducted state level Best Teacher and Best Principal award function for teachers & Principal across Tamil Nadu State and Pondicherry Union Territory. There were more than 400 candidates awarded during the grand function conducted. There were teachers from other districts, from the Nilgiris JSSIS is the only school and our Principal is the only Principal to get the Best Principal award. This moment was indeed a very great and proud moment for all of us as our Head of the Institution has got the honour and the award. Great people honoured and Principal during the function for his 21 years of long time service to the field of education and contribution to the student community, of course for his precious achievements at state level, South India Zonal level, National level along with his national level laurels and organizing national level events have fetched him the award. Hope this award will be an inspiration to all of us to win laurels in life & future. We wish him many more awards in the future.
- Date - 09.10.2015
- Venue - JSS International School, Ooty Athletic Ground.
- Time - 09.30 am. Arrival of the Chief Guest, Dr M.R Srinivasan, an eminent personality former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission – Padma Vibhushan.
Accompanied by the Chief Guest, was the Guest of Honour, Mrs. Geetha Srinivasan and JSSIS Principal, Mr Arokia Raj.
Colourful balloons and free doves soared into the air, as the band echoed, in the background.
- Peace and Friendship – Marked by the floating balloons and the free doves released in the air.
- March Past - The four houses with their contingent JALA, PRITHIVI, VAYU AND AGNI.
- Welcome Speech - By Master Karthick - theme being ‘Fitness is a way of Life’.
- Felicitation - The Principal felicitated the chief guest Dr. M.R Srinivasan.
- Lightning of the Olympic torch - by the Chief Guest and the Principal, JSSIS.
- Hoisting of the sports flag, by the House prefects and the School flag by Dr M.R Srinivasan.
- Inspection of the guards – by the Chief Guest, escorted by the Principal and four pilots.
- March past by the four Houses and solution.
- Oath taking ceremony by the sports captain, Arjun Prakash.
- Chief Guest declares the meet open.
- Junior drill - Tri-colour, Pot drill, to the tune of the theme of ‘Love Story’.
- Karate – Various displays by the students and Karate Masters.
- Senior Drill – “Wave drill”, with star, diamond flower etc., formations.
- Sports events – Junior classes – lemon and spoon race, bursting of the balloons etc.,
- Track events – Senior, Inter, Junior and Sub-Junior divisions of various Houses.
- Introduction of the Chief Guest – By the Principal, JSSIS. Chief Guest Dr. M.R Srinivasan, Born in 1930, in Bangalore. Also Known as the ‘Nuclear Scientist and Engineer, and also as ‘Atomic Power Man’. He is a living encyclopedia, a Padma Bhushen and Padma Vibhushan with whom we are able to spend some Golden Moments, Having Worked with the late legend Abdul Kalam, Dr Srinivasan’s achievements and laurels can be found in the pages of Google.’ Behind every successful man, is a woman’, goes the saying. ‘and that is Mrs. Geetha Srinivasan, a well known figure, in the Nilgiris District’, added the Principal.
The Principal also thanked the first stakeholders of the institution, the esteemed parents for their presence, to grace the occasion and media, for their coverage. He concluded by congratulating the teachers, Hose prefects, the administrative staff and non-teaching staff.
- The sports meet declared close by the Chief Guest.
- The chief Guest said that the sports meet bought back nostalgic memories of his school days, where they did not have such facilities as we have today. It is unimportant to participate in all games, which keeps the body in good condition, because LIFE (body) is a part of nature. “ Team work”, he said, “leads to leadership qualities”.
- Vote of thanks – By Vibha.
- Retreat March - To the Beating of the drums to the music of “Abide with me”.
Flags handed over to the chief guest.
The inter house English Debate competition for the senior students was held on 7th Oct’15 in the school auditorium. The topic for the debate was ‘Social Networking sites are a distraction to school students’.
The Debate began with a prayer song, sung by the school choir. The president of the debate welcomed everyone and introduced the judges. The judges for the debate were Mrs.Meghala from Breeks School, Ooty, Mrs. Shanthi, English Teacher, Rex School, Ooty and Mrs Sharadha, English Teacher from Nazareth Convent, Ooty.
There were eight speakers, two from each house, one speaking for the motion and the other against the motion. The participants were; Lakshith and Srivatsa from Agni House, Vibha and Sriram from Jala House, Manasi and Rajeswari from Prithivi House, Ayeesha and Bhavadharini from Vayu House.
The debaters fought their battles well and quoted examples relevant to their arguments. The points presented were thought provoking and realities of social networking sites were portrayed.
Mrs. Shanthi, one of the judges addressed the gathering and appreciated the participants. The principal shared his words of wisdom with the students and appreciated the participants. The principal felicitated the judges expressing his love and gratitude.
The house position were announced by the Principal. The Points were announced by the principal. The Positions are as follows: