On October 2015 Elite Circle a famous organization in Tamil Nadu along with Association of all Matriculation schools, Tamil Nadu conducted state level Best Teacher and Best Principal award function for teachers & Principal across Tamil Nadu State and Pondicherry Union Territory. There were more than 400 candidates awarded during the grand function conducted. There were teachers from other districts, from the Nilgiris JSSIS is the only school and our Principal is the only Principal to get the Best Principal award. This moment was indeed a very great and proud moment for all of us as our Head of the Institution has got the honour and the award. Great people honoured and Principal during the function for his 21 years of long time service to the field of education and contribution to the student community, of course for his precious achievements at state level, South India Zonal level, National level along with his national level laurels and organizing national level events have fetched him the award. Hope this award will be an inspiration to all of us to win laurels in life & future. We wish him many more awards in the future.
Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
- Date - 09.10.2015
- Venue - JSS International School, Ooty Athletic Ground.
- Time - 09.30 am. Arrival of the Chief Guest, Dr M.R Srinivasan, an eminent personality former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission – Padma Vibhushan.
Accompanied by the Chief Guest, was the Guest of Honour, Mrs. Geetha Srinivasan and JSSIS Principal, Mr Arokia Raj.
Colourful balloons and free doves soared into the air, as the band echoed, in the background.
- Peace and Friendship – Marked by the floating balloons and the free doves released in the air.
- March Past - The four houses with their contingent JALA, PRITHIVI, VAYU AND AGNI.
- Welcome Speech - By Master Karthick - theme being ‘Fitness is a way of Life’.
- Felicitation - The Principal felicitated the chief guest Dr. M.R Srinivasan.
- Lightning of the Olympic torch - by the Chief Guest and the Principal, JSSIS.
- Hoisting of the sports flag, by the House prefects and the School flag by Dr M.R Srinivasan.
- Inspection of the guards – by the Chief Guest, escorted by the Principal and four pilots.
- March past by the four Houses and solution.
- Oath taking ceremony by the sports captain, Arjun Prakash.
- Chief Guest declares the meet open.
- Junior drill - Tri-colour, Pot drill, to the tune of the theme of ‘Love Story’.
- Karate – Various displays by the students and Karate Masters.
- Senior Drill – “Wave drill”, with star, diamond flower etc., formations.
- Sports events – Junior classes – lemon and spoon race, bursting of the balloons etc.,
- Track events – Senior, Inter, Junior and Sub-Junior divisions of various Houses.
- Introduction of the Chief Guest – By the Principal, JSSIS. Chief Guest Dr. M.R Srinivasan, Born in 1930, in Bangalore. Also Known as the ‘Nuclear Scientist and Engineer, and also as ‘Atomic Power Man’. He is a living encyclopedia, a Padma Bhushen and Padma Vibhushan with whom we are able to spend some Golden Moments, Having Worked with the late legend Abdul Kalam, Dr Srinivasan’s achievements and laurels can be found in the pages of Google.’ Behind every successful man, is a woman’, goes the saying. ‘and that is Mrs. Geetha Srinivasan, a well known figure, in the Nilgiris District’, added the Principal.
The Principal also thanked the first stakeholders of the institution, the esteemed parents for their presence, to grace the occasion and media, for their coverage. He concluded by congratulating the teachers, Hose prefects, the administrative staff and non-teaching staff.
- The sports meet declared close by the Chief Guest.
- The chief Guest said that the sports meet bought back nostalgic memories of his school days, where they did not have such facilities as we have today. It is unimportant to participate in all games, which keeps the body in good condition, because LIFE (body) is a part of nature. “ Team work”, he said, “leads to leadership qualities”.
- Vote of thanks – By Vibha.
- Retreat March - To the Beating of the drums to the music of “Abide with me”.
Flags handed over to the chief guest.
The inter house English Debate competition for the senior students was held on 7th Oct’15 in the school auditorium. The topic for the debate was ‘Social Networking sites are a distraction to school students’.
The Debate began with a prayer song, sung by the school choir. The president of the debate welcomed everyone and introduced the judges. The judges for the debate were Mrs.Meghala from Breeks School, Ooty, Mrs. Shanthi, English Teacher, Rex School, Ooty and Mrs Sharadha, English Teacher from Nazareth Convent, Ooty.
There were eight speakers, two from each house, one speaking for the motion and the other against the motion. The participants were; Lakshith and Srivatsa from Agni House, Vibha and Sriram from Jala House, Manasi and Rajeswari from Prithivi House, Ayeesha and Bhavadharini from Vayu House.
The debaters fought their battles well and quoted examples relevant to their arguments. The points presented were thought provoking and realities of social networking sites were portrayed.
Mrs. Shanthi, one of the judges addressed the gathering and appreciated the participants. The principal shared his words of wisdom with the students and appreciated the participants. The principal felicitated the judges expressing his love and gratitude.
The house position were announced by the Principal. The Points were announced by the principal. The Positions are as follows:
Two students representing our school for Inter School Space Science and Research quiz organized by Rotary Club on 11.09.2015 namely 1. Srivatsava of XI Science 2. Nikil of XI Science won the 4th position.
The certificate and the award was presented by the Principal during the assembly.
Objective: To inform the students the importance of festivals in Indian culture and inculcate the religious tolerance and interfaith honour. An assembly was conducted wherein Ganesh Chaturthi and Eid-ul-Zuha was demonstrated through role plays
A special assembly was conducted by the students of JSSIS, co-ordinated by Mrs. Yasmin, Mrs. Shaheen, Mrs. Rajeshwari Wilson and Mrs.Jayanthi, on 16th September on the festivals of India on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi an Eid-ul-Zuha. The objective of this assembly was to remind and inform everybody that all different religious festivals bring the same message of love, tolerance and understanding.
The assembly commenced with a prayer song by the school choir . Lord Ganesha a symbol of wisdom and the remover of obstacles epitomizes everything related to wisdom. The students participated with great enthusiasm as the highlight was Lalith Patel of class VIII who was dressed up as Lord Ganesha and his troop took us through the procession, as they chanted “Ganapati Bappa Moriya” that echoed everywhere in the school,f ollowed by Aditi of class IX, who narrated the story behind the festival. It was a day to cherish for the children
Bakrid, to be rightly called Eid -ul-Zuha or the festival of sacrifice, observed by Muslims all over the world, holds a special place in the hearts of the Muslim community. Shabana along with Ayeesha took us through narrating the story behind the festival, bringing about a spirit of tolerance, mutual understanding and universal brotherhood which was followed by students dressed in traditional attire offered prayers to the Al mighty. They greeted the entire assembly EID MUBARAK and ended it with the traditional ALLAH HAFIZ .
Our Principal, appreciated the presentation and called it “informative & innovative”. He also spoke on the significance of Indian festivals enhancing the cultural values and awareness in preserving our culture and heritage and hoped that these activities will inspire and enhance values of “honesty,” “truthfulness,” “care and concern for others rights,” and “brotherhood,” and also emphasized on the value based education in schools. The assembly ended with a devotional song “Jai Ganesha” sung by Mrs. Hema & Mrs. Krishna followed by the National Anthem. JSSIS wishes all the students, parents & the entire community a very happy Ganesh Chaturthi and Eid-Mubarak.
The celebration of the Hindi Divas day at JSS International School began with the arrival of our beloved Principal and the judges for the Inter House Hindi elocution. The Judges were Mr. Sankar Pandey from Lawrence, Mr Dhanalakshmi from Rex and Mr. Ratna mala from Breeks. The Programme started with the lighting of the lamp by our Principal and the Judges which was followed by the invocation song.
The competition began with the juniors reciting poems which was followed by the inters. Both the divisions had put up a loboured and splendid show. Then came the nightingales of our school who sang about the laurels of Hindi up next was the narration of stories by the senior division. Then came the most awaited speech by Mr. Pandey in his impressive speech he appreciated the participants for their splendid effort. Then our Principal spoke about the importance of Hindi and he gave away the momentous to our judges. The results were announced and Jala house bagged the first place followed by Prithi, Agni and Vayu.
The celebration concluded with vote of thanks and national anthem.
It was a well organized and brilliant show.
1. The Teachers Day began with the invocation song and the lighting of the lamp by the Principal, Vice Principal, Academic Coordinator and the in- charge Mrs. Jayanthi and Mrs. Tharunya followed by a speech about Teachers and their dedication.
2. The Teacher were felicitated by greeting cards and roses personally by the students.
3. The Principal presented Shawls to the teachers.
4. The Students performed various programmes and entertained the teachers.
5. The teachers also show cased then talents.
6. It was followed by lunch and Tea where the Vice Principal spoke about teachers inclination towards students.
7. Finally the Principal thanked all the teacher for their dedication and hard work.
The JSS International School, “ Dancing Daffodils”, Inter School Competition to commemorate the Centenary year of His “ Holiness”, Jagadguru Shri Shri Shivarathri Desikendhra Mahaswamiji of JSS Mahavidyapeetha, was held in the auditorium on 31st August 2015. The programme opened with the prayer song, sung by the School Choir. Eight Schools, from the various parts of the Nilgiris District, participated in the competition. The Master comperes Anjana and Maansi kept the audience entertained, with their comments marked with flowery words. After a spectacular performance by all the different schools, the judges Mr. Sunil, Mrs. Vishanthini and Mrs. Rajalakshmi were left with a difficult job to chalk out the points and to make an impartial judgement. Kotagiri Public School emerged as the winners with their performance of the Karagattam Dance followed by Nazareth with their colourful Peacock Dance, followed by Woodside School and Gurukulam School with the Gujarathi and Kerala dances, respectively. The programme ended with the Principal of JSS International School, giving his word of appreciation and also announcing the results. The ‘ Vote of thanks’ by Rishab of Standard XI followed by the National Anthem, brought the audience back to their feet.
The third activity “Creativity Competition” was conducted on 19.08.2015 in the classroom during the C.C.A period. All the Children participated in the competition. The students made things out of waste products and paper. “Best out of waste”.
The judges for the competition were:-
- Mrs. Ramya ( Art Teacher , J.S.S.I.S)
- Mrs. Smitha (S.S.T Teacher , J.S.S.I.S)
The result are as follows:-
|Class||I Place||II Place||III Place|
|II||Tharan S B||Sanjay R||Hansini K
|III||Nirmal Dev||Bimal Dev||Sharvesh
|IV||Aravindh G||Tadar Riya||Avanthika|